Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pony Speaks the Truth - for once

You know, Pony said, turning and looking up at me from his sprawled placement between my feet. We were watching some stupid movie about aliens in South Africa and neither of us was much into it, We hate wagging our tails.

"Really? Why?"

Cause it hurts, he replied.

"Get out! It hurts to wag your tail?" I said, not believing him. Pony has a tendency to make shit up just to feel important.

Yeah, it does. Don't believe me? You should try wiggling your ass back and forth for a few minutes and see if it doesn't pain you. Guaranteed you'll feel it in the morning.

"If it hurts, then why do you do it?"

Can't help it. It's in our nature. Probably has to do with genetics.

"How So?"

Well, I think that when you were making us, you know, all that selective breeding shit? The ones of you doing the deciding of what was good and what was not, must've thought that a tail-wagging Woof was preferably over a non-tail wagging one. Genetic manipulation at it's finest, my friend. That Guy probably thought it was funny, or something.

"Huh." I said. I never thought of that."

'Course you didn't. You're a Human. You Guys never think. You just do what looks and feels good to you in the moment. You don't give a rat's-ass for anyone or anything else. Take a look around you, Man. Are you dumbfucks doing a good job at running the show?

"Well," I was close to believing him, "I guess . . . not really."

Hmmm. Maybe there's hope for ya'll yet.

I doubt it, though.

No comments: